Analytical Scientist with 5-10 years of experience, preferably developing methods for the characterization of colloidal solutions of nanoparticles and thin films. Will be an integral part of our product development effort to create new carbon nanotube and other nanoparticle based products. Support will be for our new materials discovery efforts, as well as for engineering process development. Activities will include establishment of known, fundamental analytical tools and procedures for characterizing colloidal nanotube products, as well as developing new methods, where required, to characterize complex formulations. The incumbent will also be responsible for driving good analytical protocols for QC and QA methods, and to support the creation of statistically designed experiments, along with the organization and interpretation of the analytical results. Experience in new product development with colloidal systems and/or liquid carbon formulations are highly desirable. Experience in specifying new equipment, designing an analytical laboratory for colloidal fluid characterization and setting up data handing systems also a plus.
This is a very exciting opportunity to work on the cutting edge of a CNT based nanomaterial opportunity with excellent commercialization potential. The successful candidate will be central in building an analytical organization to support the R&D and Process Design Engineering efforts in a start-up environment. We are looking for an innovative builder. This is a technical, “hands on” position, for a senior Physical Scientist with strong analytical and general metrology skills. Requires working collaboratively with the rest of the development organization. The successful candidate will have the creative energy, ingenuity and enthusiasm to successfully meet the materials development challenges.
- Colloidal systems stability and characterization resulting in long shelf life colloids as precursors to high purity, low defect electronic grade thin films.
- Liquid carbon material formulations properties and characterization
- experience in chromatographic efforts a plus.
- relating solution properties to structure property relationships in thin films
- broad based knowledge of materials characterization methods, i.e., spectroscopy, SEM/AFM, magnetic methods etc.
- deep understanding of statistical methods and advanced programing skills.
- very comfortable with statistically designed experiments, and model creation. Establishing SPC metrics to demonstrate process control and monitoring improvement efforts, creation of SOP’s. Calculational methods experience a plus
- “Hands on” familiarity with equipment used to characterize nanomaterials in dispersions, colloids, thin films
- TEM, SEM, Light Scattering (Horiba), FPIA (Malvern), Zeta Potential (Malvern), sedimentation tests, Spectroscopy, e.g., FTIR, Raman; Thermo gravimetric, e.g. TGA, DSC
Education: PhD Chemistry/Physics/Material Science/Metrology or equivalent science also acceptable.
Experience: analytical chemist, colloid scientist, physical or metrology, PhD with more than 5 – 10 years experience in an industrial setting with focus on material or chemical system characterization.
Strong Quality system skills: e.g., 6 sigma, lean, iso 9001, SPC tools etc.
Knowledge preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of carbon nanotubes
- Analytical techniques for carbon nanotube analysis.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes stock options, and medical and dental insurance. To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only, please. EOE/AA M/F/D/V