At the Woburn site our technical staff generates chemical processes for making high purity defect free colloidal suspensions of nanomaterials. The detailed description on all aspects of the work, i.e. unit chemical processing, analytical characterization, specialized process equipment are provided to our customer licensees to enable them to make and process these formulations for electronic device manufacturing. The creation of timely, detailed and accurate representations of this work in controlled documents or other customer support documentation is critical to our operation. We are looking for a multi-talented, creative individual to join us and create our document control unit. The two main components are 1. creation of the controlled documents by working collaboratively with our technical staff a creating the procedures and 2. Establishing and managing a document control effort that meets the requirements of our QMS.
- Position requires taking information from technical staff or rough drafts and independently generating subsequent finished products for final review and distribution.
- Study Technical information on materials processing and characterization provided by the Technical staff, as the basis for detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and other commercially relevant product support documentation.
- Work with technical staff to create useful, clear, consistent standard formats and documenting procedures to make products easier to use. Requires full participation in early drafting, process review and approval process to fully support technical staff.
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Maintain the site’s controlled documents with rigorous revision control and secure provision to customers on a regular and timely basis as part of the sites QMS
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers for continuous improvement of Technical Documentation
- Revise documents as new issues arise
Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or communications with demonstrated knowledge in at least one of the following disciplines- Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, analytical methods, mechanical engineering. Specialized training in technical writing and certification credentials a plus
Portfolio demonstrating quality of efforts, and breadth of experience
Experience in generating, controlling revision process and secure storage and distribution of controlled documents. Management of small document control organization a real plus.
Functional knowledge of document generating and management software. Computer document system literacy required
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes stock options, and medical and dental insurance. To apply, please email your resume to: email@example.com
Principals only, please. EOE/AA M/F/D/V